|ILIA Parenting Leadership Workshop - Communications Skills
Saturday, October 23 2010, 8:30am - 5:00pm
Hits : 537
|Make the Click Bridge the Gap
Inshaa Allah this 7 hr intensive workshop will provide insights into the lives of teens, and provide parents and educators with tools and approaches they can use to deal effectively with difficult situations. It is a mix of presentation, group activities, exercises, assessments and case study analysis from real situations in our Muslim communities in North America.
* Does you teen not listen to you?
* Is you teen becoming isolated?
* Do you and your teen always get into arguments and can not communicate?
* Does your spouse and your teen never get along?
* Are you being faced with questions in the classroom you don’t know how to address?
* Do you feel your students are not motivated in class?
Who Should Attend?
* Youth coaches
* Introduction to Teens
* Parents and Teachers, Who are They?
* Teen Challenges
* Communications Cornerstones
* Significance of Parents in Islam
* Youth—Adult Relationships from the Quran and Sunnah
* Listening Techniques
* Coaching Both Ways
* Motivating the Stubborn
* Mentoring Your Teen
* Effective Criticism
* Untying the Gridlock
* Dealing with Common Problems
* Over the Boundary: Drugs, Sex and Tawheed
* Real case studies
When: Oct 23rd, 2010
Where: 500 Grove St, Herndon, VA
Register online at : http://www.islamicleadership.org
Workshop includes a 60 minute exam at the end of the day. All applicants who score 80% or higher receive (1) ILIA Educational Unit.
Financial Aid available for eligible applicants: Complete form from www.islamicleadership.org and email prior to registration for a discount code.
Location: Herndon, IIIT/Fair Fax Insittute Training Center
Contact: Islamic Leadership Institute of America (ILIA)
JEvents v1.4.3 RC2
Copyright © 2006-2008